Lackey to B-Sox?

bballguru

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thought is that you should fix your thread title.

You posted something that made it sound like it's a done thing.

But then, upon following your link, we discover it's just a rumor based on some unnamed source saying he took a physical.

So, fix your title by saying it's a rumor or by addiing a ? at the end, or something like that...

But then, upon following your link, we discover it's just a rumor based on some unnamed source saying he took a physical.

So, fix your title by saying it's a rumor or by addiing a ? at the end, or something like that...

The rumor was confirmed to be true by Ken Rosenthal.

Jeez. . Officer Thread Title Patrol reporting for duty. . haha take it easy ;)

This move would mean that they are probably not going to be able to get Bay. Their lineup still heads Ellsbury, Pedoria, Youk, Victor Martinez but DH looks thin and Sacturo does not impress. Still, Lackey - Beckett - Lester - Buchholz - Wakefield/ Dice K is as stout as stout can be. That could very seriously be 5 numer one starters. If Buchholz is ready, Lester was a number one last year, Beckett has been and looked a lot better last year, Lackey is border line if not defiantly, and Dice K went 18-5 not long ago.....

On one hand it makes me think we need to add a centerpiece and on the other hand it makes me think we should keep all the pitching we can and hope three stars come out in the end.

The rumor was confirmed to be true by Ken Rosenthal.

If by "confirmed", you mean just repeating the exact same unsourced rumor, well, I agree that he did repeat it.

However, I don't see how it confirms anything to have multiple people passing on exact same unsourced rumor.

It's not like there is any evidence whatsoever of multiple sources or of credible sources. It's just "a ML source".

This is how we heard that BRob was going to Cubs several times...

If by "confirmed", you mean just repeating the exact same unsourced rumor, well, I agree that he did repeat it.

However, I don't see how it confirms anything to have multiple people passing on exact same unsourced rumor.

It's not like there is any evidence whatsoever of multiple sources or of credible sources. It's just "a ML source".

Fixed that for you :)

According to the Boston Globe, he did confirm it.

The Red Sox are moving close to a deal with free agent starting pitcher John Lackey according to a report by FoxSports' Ken Rosenthal, who confirmed an earlier Twitter report by Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse.
source - Boston Globe.

ETA: Jon Heyman on Twitter says it's a 5 year / $85 million deal.

http://twitter.com/SI_JonHeyman/status/6671618454

1:41pm: Yahoo's Tim Brown has an Angels source who believes they're still in the running for Lackey and the pitcher has not accepted a Boston offer. Still, SI's Jon Heyman heard a five-year, approximately $85MM figure for a Boston deal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/12/john-lackey-rumors-monday-1.html

Video:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4741437

Archived